If you’re planning on selling online courses, group coaching or high ticket sales, your number one priority is building trust.
The key to selling anything is to get your audience to know, like, and trust you. Your marketing should create a feeling of intimacy between you and your ideal client.
Luckily, thanks to social media, it’s never been easier to get connected with your audience. But each platform requires a different level of commitment. Instagram for example, isn’t a huge time commitment but it’s a great platform to consistently build trust with your audience.
While other platforms, like Youtube or webinars, require more of a time commitment but also greatly improve the intimacy with your potential clients. I’ve found that engaging with your audience across different platforms is a great way to build the know-like-trust factor.
I talk more about scalable intimacy in this Youtube video:
3 Ways to Connect With Your Audience
As I mentioned in the video, if you’re just starting out developing your online courses or coaching programs, you’re probably in hustle mode. Your main focus should be putting out high-quality content on a consistent basis.
While it might feel exhausting in the beginning, it’s essential to create momentum and begin to build your brand. Content is still king and as Gary Vee said, “The more content I put out, the luckier I seem to get.”
But if you’re going to spend time hustling, make sure you’re doing it in the right way. In my opinion, creating epic video content is one of the greatest ways to build intimacy with your audience.
Here are three ways to deepen your relationship with your future clients and start building your brand with video:
The Power of 1 Billion People on Instagram
Instagram is growing like crazy, especially outside the US which makes it a great platform to scale your brand. Check out these incredible stats about Instagram from a recent study done from the social media giant, Hootsuite:
Instagram Growth Statistics
- One billion people use Instagram with roughly 500 million using it every single day.
- 59% of U.S. users are under 30 years old.
- 95% of Instagrammers use Youtube (more on the power of Youtube at the end of the post).
- 42% of all user earn $75,000 or more.
- Instagram user spend on average 24 – 32 minutes per day on the platform.
Think you should be using Instagram yet?
If you are enjoying this post, grab the FREE checklist by clicking the image below. It teaches you everything (and more!) about building trust on social media.
Instagram Growth Tips
Use these five Instagram tips to grow your following and increase your engagement:
- Use stories daily: Post what you’re doing, how you can help your audience, and give them a sneak peek into your daily life. Think of your stories as a “behind the scenes” look to help build trust.
- Post 2-3X per day: Posting once per day just isn’t enough. You need to post two or three times per day to help build your presence and get in front of more people. Switch it up the content with videos, pictures, and quotes.
- Use hashtags: If you’re not using 30 hashtags per post, you’re missing on out potential engagement. Remember, hashtags are your SEO tool for getting found on Instagram.
- Audit your profile: Is it crystal clear what you do if someone lands on your profile? Make sure it’s easy to recognize what your product or service is once someone new lands on your page.
- Create highlights: Highlights are a great way to help educate new people once they first land on your page. Create 4-7 highlights to give your profile a great first impression.
Remember, 95% of users on Instagram also use Youtube. This makes it super important to get people from Instagram to your Youtube for longer, more engaging content.
Ready to convert even more leads from your webinars? Check out these six steps to a six-figure webinar today.
The 2nd Biggest Search Engine: Youtube
It’s time to stop thinking of Youtube as a place to watch funny videos and start thinking of it as a place to grow your brand. According to Brandwatch, “Youtube is the second largest search engine and 400 hours of video are uploaded to Youtube every single minute.” Not to mention these stats:
Youtube Growth Stats
- 5 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch Youtube
- On mobile alone, Youtube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than any broadcast or cable TV
- More than a 1 billion hours of Youtube videos are watched per day – more than Netflix and Facebook combined
Youtube is growing at an unprecedented rate and I want you to take advantage of this growth to create valuable content for your audience. If your demographic is between 18-49, start making Youtube a top priority.
The more content you put out, the more you can trim and chop down so you can add to Instagram as well. Use these tips to help grow your Youtube channel and get way more subscribers:
- Focus on long-form content: With Youtube, people are there to watch for a longer duration than Instagram or Facebook. Give your audience what they want by creating videos that are least ten minutes long. If possible, try to shoot for 10-35 minutes. Test it and see when engagement falls off for future videos.
- Produce consistent content: If you have five videos ready to go, it’s better to release them weekly on Youtube instead of all at once and never being seen on the platform again. Focus on creating a schedule and sticking with each week.
- Utilize SEO: If you create an awesome video but don’t use the right SEO tactics, you’re probably not going to get as much traction. Make sure to do keyword research for your title and fill out the description and title tags.
- Give them a CTA: In the description, link to more of your content. Make it easy for your audience to learn more about you. Plus, if you have a webinar this is a great lead-in as they’re already watching similar content.
The Most Intimate: Webinars
The last way to help scale your business and increase your intimacy, is using a webinar like Easy Webinar. If you’re already creating videos on Youtube, this is an easy transition and easy way to build even more trust.
The reason I started Easy Webinar is that I saw the insane amount of value in webinars. They are long-form content that are a great way to qualify leads, help your audience with a problem, and close at much higher rates than sales pages.
Don’t forget to grab the FREE checklist by clicking the image below. It teaches you everything (and more!) about building trust on social media.
A typical sales page is around 1% while my webinars regularly convert at 10% or more. Even if yours only do 5%, that’s still 5x the sales of your products and courses. Webinars are a great way to build trust for 40 minutes then pitch your product or service.
Use these webinar tips to create a powerful webinar:
- Focus on value before selling: If you start talking about your product after a few minutes, you’re going to have your attendance rates fall off quickly. Focus on giving as much value for at least ⅔ of the presentation before pitching anything.
- Build credibility: Start your webinar off by identifying who you are and why you’re qualified to provide these results.
- Use stories: People love to relate to people that are going through something similar in life. Use stories from your experience in the subject to relate to your audience.
- Be yourself: Don’t’ try to be a robot on a webinar. The more personable and real you are to your audience, the more they’ll resonate with you. A great way to do this is to have the front cam of your computer on so they can see you the entire time.
If you liked this blog post, feel free to share it with your friends by pinning the image below!