If you missed the first part of this series you are going to need to read that first, CLICK HERE to see the first part of “Secrets to the Perfect Video”
For those coming from ReelSeo, please continue here…
To start high and end higher…is that possible?
The screenshot represents a video that is approximately 2 minutes long, that is instructional all the way through. But also Entertaining.
Here is the recipe for the parameters around the perfect blend of video:
- Grab the audiences attention in the first 5 seconds-(use animation and music and see if you can choose a crazy cool thumbnail to represent the video…build the interest right away…even before someone watches the video. This will guarantee that you will have high interest right in the beginning of the video.
- Keep the video, if you can to under 3 minutes. A good entertainment video is short and sweet. An entertaining instructional video is even sweeter…
- Capitalize on your audience’s commitment to wanting the value of the video. That will ensure their longevity in watching the full length of the video.
- If you can do the audience the service of offering great value in an entertaining way, your interest will be higher and your margin of interest will be less and less.
- Offer ‘call to actions’ as a source of interaction. With ‘call to actions’ you can manipulate the Hot Spot Graph by deciding where you want your audience members to respond to your ‘call to action’. (You can request that they click through to another video at that 1 minute mark based on your desired goals for the viewer. Therefore the Hot Spot Graphic would dip based on that call to action)
- Call to action techniques can also keep the person WATCHING the video. Here is an example: If the video is 2 minutes long-at 1:oo minute i could have an annotation pop up requesting that the audience keep an eye out for the girl in the blue shirt because a surprise will happens at 1:55 seconds. (eluding to her maybe tripping or crying or slamming into the mirror. The suspense of the unknown can keep the person watching.
A great example of Both Informative and Entertaining-The ever popular OraBrush Guys!
Notice the Thumbnail…Disgusting…yet boom you have my attention…
This Video is a perfect example of the correct blend of both informative and entertaining…Look -it even says “How to tell when your breath is bad.”
So for all of you Video enthusiasts, especially those who have products of your own, realize that by examining the Hot Spot Graph, you can begin to see how interest is measured and how you can tap into using those analytics to find…the perfect video. And sometimes that perfect video might just have brown shiny sludge oozing from a sponge…yuck!
If you found this article useful, could you subscribe to my YouTube channel below?
Join the discussion